Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why are we protecting the stupid???

OK i might be beating a dead horse but here goes.
I am sure you have heard of the cases where people sue for getting the hot coffee, chili, and other things they order, hot!!! Where you can sue because you are not smart enough to know cars, vans, trucks, and RVs do not drive themselves. You can get a license to drive any of them. we are letting or nation become more stupid and sue happy. Maybe to protect other drivers one of the questions should be,
When is it OK to let your vehicle drive it's self.
A. only when it has been there before after all it is smarter than me.
B. only when your hungry.
C. all of the time I have insurance just like everyone else.
D. Never what the heck are you thinking.
We have become so worried about being sued that there are warning labels on every thing. My blow dryer says not to use while you are sleeping. A baby blanket has to say do not leave baby unattended. Sleeping pills may make you drowsy(you think), and even a lottery ticket states they are not responsible if you lose your ticket. I am amazed at the wold we live in a world where the obvious must be put is writing. When I was making supper the other day I glanced at the box and the label actually said..... wait for it.
Remove form packaging before cooking.
Did someone just put the box and all in the oven? Boy that scares me to death.
Where have people's common sense gone? It reminds me of a blonde joke.
A blond goes to a beuty sallon she wore headphones and carried a tape player. When they started to cut her hair, they removed the headphones and she died. When they listed to the recording all they heard was breath in, breath out, again breath in, breath out. is this what we are heading for.
Ol I guess I am done for today. thanks and good luck.

1 comment:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

I know just how you feel. Whenever we watch cops (or a show like it) the people that are in trouble remind me of my students. Still learning to be responsible and take responsiblity for their actions. It's sad it's like some people didn't mature after age six.

frontpage statistics
Best Buy Coupon